"This is a cheat that will turn a pokemon that can evolve into
a shiny pokemon. It is for Gold, Silver, and Crystal ONLY. I haven't
tried it yet, but my friend showed me, and now he has a shiny sunkern!!!
It truly does work, but it takes a few days.
1. Have the red gyarados, or any other shiny pokemon with you.
2. Put a flying pokemon in the first position, the pokemon's color
who is wished to be changed in the second, three pokemon of your choice
in the other positions, and the shiny pokemon at the end of your party.
3. Now, deposit the pokemon of your choice in an empty box, along
with the shiny pokemon in the P.C. last.
4. Now, go to the bug catching contest, and enter. Use your flying
pokemon in the contest. as soon as your in the contest, exit out,
and the clerk will say: " Would you like to finish now?"
5. Say "NO" and you'll be back in the contest.
6. Use your flying pokemon to fly out of the contest, and store whatever
pokemon's color who is wished to be shiny in a P.C. box with the pokemon
of your choice, and the shiny pokemon you deposited earlier.
7. You should only have your flying pokemon with you.
8. Go back to the contest, save your game by the clerk, and wait
until Tuesday, Saturday, or Thursday.
9. When it's one of those day's, talk to the clerk, and complete
10. Do not exit the contest and finish before the others, because
it will break the code.
11. After the contest has been complete, go to your P.C. and withdraw
the pokemon's color who wanted to be changed.
12. It will be in shiny version, but it will have the other shiny
pokemon's name. Go to the name rater to fix this.
NOTE: This does not always work, and only works on pokemon that evolve,
such as Larvitar, Pupitar, Spearow, Pidgey, or Pigeotto.