EPAC06 Gallery (almost all the cosplayers at the con)
Want to comment on these photos? Check them out here: EPAC
Gallery at Cosplay.com
Thoughts about the convention:
- I met a lot of great new friends - most people there were so friendly
and nice (with very few creepies)
- The cosplay event seemed disorganized. There were rabid fangirls mobbing
the cosplayers before the cosplay event and during the judging. Most
of us in costumes were having trouble moving away from these kids. Still,
everyone got on and off without a hitch, everyone was announced, and
prizes were given. Yay for prizes!
- Next year, the hall cosplay event should be held at a certain time
so everyone has a chance to enter. There should probably also be a stipulation
that if you win the hall event, that costume can't be entered in the
- Gaming tournaments were huge! I didn't realize that SSBM was
still so popular five years after its release. What I'd like to see
next year is to have the tournament stations set up in a different spot
than the casual play area. Some people didn't realize that tournaments
were happening, and helped themselves to the consoles. If possible,
it would be great to have the tournament games on larger TVs with seating
for an audience to watch. Some of these gamers were really amazing!
It was fun just to watch their moves.
- Nice selection of anime available in the viewing rooms, and it was
really cool to see anime on the big screen in the cinema. I didn't spend
enough time in the anime rooms, but there was a lot to see (and I now
have some new titles to add to my Netflix queue).
- It would be nice to see more activities, as well as a Dealer's Room,
but these will probably happen as the convention grows. I'd love to
see some experts/professionals at the con soon, like voice actors, animators,
manga artists, etc.
- The How To Draw Manga panel was especially helpful. I liked getting
to see others' work during the panel too.
- Nice to have the Japanese snacks (Ramune, Pocky, Ramen, etc) available,
but they seemed to run out of the 'real food' too quickly.
- Admission prices were very reasonable, and it was very nice to see
a local convention in El Paso. There was a lot more going on than I
expected. If I'm still in El Paso next year, I plan to return!
BACK to Cosplay Articles
BACK to Cosplay